SERVPRO Of South Bronx Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke and soot is very dangerous and can penetrate various spaces within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately evaluate the measures of the damage to develop an specific plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. Therefore, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. SERVPRO of South Bronx will start restoration after testing the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. Base on the information identified during pretesting, we will then determine the type of cleaning procedures is best for the specific fire damage.
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is different, each one requires a unique solution for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat you with empathy and treat your home as if its our own.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (347)-590-9902