How Do I Clean Kitchen Fire and Smoke Damage?
SERVPRO Uses Specialized Cleaners to Restore Your Bronx Apartment
Fire damage in your kitchen can start in the blink of an eye. By the time you have used baking soda, salt, or a kitchen extinguisher to mitigate the damage, you have a tremendous cleanup job on your hands, which can feel overwhelming. However, there is a team that is always available to remove these damages from your home.
If fire and smoke damage in your Bronx apartment's kitchen requires professional cleanup, SERVPRO technicians have the tools and technologies you need to ensure that cleaning is thorough while remaining cost-effective. SERVPRO techs and franchise owners are both highly educated in fire damage as well as its mitigation to help residents in need.
What Appliances Are Most Likely to Cause Fire Damage in My Bronx Apartment?
While stoves pose the most risk, keep an eye out for these appliances as well:
- Ovens. Toaster ovens, microwaves, and conventional ovens alike can quickly spark fires. Electrical appliances leave particularly hard-to-clean soils from melted cords and burnt electrical components.
- Dishwashers. This may be a surprising one, but dishwashers' combination of water with electrical components and heating can create a fire risk.
- Refrigerators. These appliances are the most common non-cooking source of kitchen fires in the US. Worn or damaged relay switches and compressors are the most common ignition sources for refrigeration units.
How Does SERVPRO Get Rid of Smoke Damage and Odors?
SERVPRO fire damage restoration professionals focus on light, loose, and dry soils before moving on to challenging ones. This process minimizes the need to re-clean areas while limiting the use of high-alkaline cleaners and other heavy-duty products. While cleaning solutions for heavy soils are highly effective, they can damage finishes or discolor items in your kitchen if applied too generously to surfaces that do not need them. SERVPRO strives to save your possessions while minimizing repair and replacement costs.
Odor control is accomplished with such tools as:
- Odor counteractant beads
- Trays of scented granules placed near air intakes
- Time-release gel pellets
- Thermal foggers that dispense solvent-based deodorizers
SERVPRO of South Bronx 24/7 availability ensures that they can be Faster to Any Size Disaster. Call (347) 590-9902 when you need rapid-response mitigation.
See more about the Bronx.