We Help You Get Back In Business In The Bronx
What to Expect During Commercial Mold Damage Remediation in the Bronx
As the proprietor of a Bronx business, you know you have the responsibility to arrange for abatement if mold growth occurs on your property. Understanding how mold remediation professionals approach, plan for, and implement a project helps you prepare your employees, protect your customers, and put a brake on any panic you may feel. Our team has the training, experience, and equipment to complete your mold remediation job with minimal disruption to your business.
Mold Inhibition Is About Moisture Control
When coping with mold damage affecting your Bronx business, learning about the life cycle of these organisms helps put everything into perspective. Mold spores are everywhere in our environment, inside and out. Airborne or settled on surfaces they cause no concern, so small they are invisible. They need two things to grow and multiply -- oxygen and water. When a moisture source is available for at least 24 to 48 hours, colonies can develop.
Zealous Cleaning Can Accelerate Mold Growth
Often the commercial cleaning products used in your business are mostly water. Preparations your cleaning staff might use to target evidence of mold damage such as staining can contribute to an ongoing mold issue. Diluted bleach solutions used to clean up mold rarely penetrate deeply enough to eliminate all hyphae, the filaments that comprise the “roots” and other structures of mold organisms. SERVPRO Applied Microbial Remediation Technicians (AMRT) learn strategies that either remove an active outbreak or interfere with the mold’s ability to continue growth and production of new spores.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Protocol
SERVPRO mold remediation professionals follow a procedure developed by the EPA to manage mold infestations in schools and commercial buildings. The steps include:
- Locating and determining the perimeters of the mold damage.
- Containing the space to prevent the spread of the moldy materials with plastic sheeting and negative pressure air-scrubbing technology.
- Mechanical removal by scraping, brushing, and use of gentle abrasives.
- Double-bagging of mold and irretrievably contaminated porous materials.
- Disposal of the bagged materials following local regulations.
- Cleanup with HEPA-equipped vacuums.
- Preventive measures such as application of EPA-registered antimicrobials and consideration of mold inhibiting coatings.
- Finding and arranging for elimination of the moisture source that fuel the original mold outbreak.
Commercial mold removal is a specialty of SERVPRO of South Bronx, and our experts know how to abate mold with minimal disruption to your operations. Call us at (347) 590-9902 to schedule an inspection, evaluation, and planning session.
See more about Bronx.