How Hard Can It Be to Remove Excess Water in My Bronx Brownstone?
Trained Water Cleanup Professionals from SERVPRO Ensure your Bronx Brownstone is Dried Faster
When it comes to a significant spill or leak in your Bronx home, you may be tempted to try to tackle the cleanup on your own to save a bit of money. However, the problem lies with hidden moisture that migrates to dry spaces and remains unseen by the naked eye. Instead of letting mildew or mold growth set in, you can enlist the help of IICRC-certified technicians from SERVPRO to get the job done faster. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster, and we make sure that your interior is free from microbial dangers and secondary damage from hidden moisture.
What Does SERVPRO Doe for Water Removal Services?
Once called, we deploy a crew to arrive at your property within four hours or less to get started on your water cleanup in the Bronx. We assess the interior of your brownstone to gather a detailed picture of all damage. This allows us to put together a plan for restoring your interior after extraction wraps up. We are here for:
• Availability on your schedule. Our skilled technicians operate offering emergency services 24/7 so that we can be there whenever you need us.
• Highly-trained water restoration technicians (WRT) through the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration (IICRC). We are there to make your interior “Like it never even happened.” so that you can get back to your routine as usual.
• Our Green Fleet comes fully equipped with all of the latest equipment and technology for prompt water removal to stop moisture migration.
Why Can’t I Just Use My Own Cleaning Tools?
Even if you have a wet/dry vacuum, it is never a match for the industrial-strength equipment that SERVPRO brings to each job. Professional water cleanup involves more than removing any visible fluids in your home. We address all small cavities where water migrates and then employ the use of moisture sensor equipment, leaving no stone unturned. Just a sampling of the equipment we have at our disposal includes:
• Submersible pumps and truck-mount extractors that help us remove copious of waters in a short period.
• Light wands for pulling up excess moisture from your carpets as well as the carpet padding beneath.
• Disinfectants and anti-microbial agents that inhibit bacterial growth known for creating foul odors as well as potentially hazardous mildew and mold.
When Will You Know if All the Moisture is Gone?
Our crew is specially trained to follow water migration paths, but we also use a selection of tools that allow us to find other areas where moisture might be lurking. Some of the moisture detection tools that we have available include:
• Penetrating and non-penetrating moisture meters that reveal the moisture content left in various materials.
• Moisture sensor technology that determines moisture levels left in porous or soft materials such as upholstered furniture and carpeting.
• Thermo-hygrometers that measure the relative humidity levels and temperatures in the air.
• Inspection cameras and borescopes allow us to get wall cavity readings without removing the materials altogether.
DIY Methods Won’t Work for Water Cleanup?
In the case of a small spill, do-it-yourself measures may be enough. However, you never want to leave it to chance that any moisture gets left behind. For example, water can seep through cracks in tile flooring that may cause them to lift. With carpets, any lingering moisture can cause damage to the subflooring and bring about harmful microbial growth. These and other reasons are why it is better to call for skilled technicians with the experience and technology for the job.
Can You Salvage Saturated Personal Belongings?
We work to salvage whatever possible depending on the level of saturation and the nature of the materials. For furnishings with padding or cushions, SERVPRO technicians may tent the area and use industrial fans to get the air circulating to facilitate drying. We also have brushing techniques often used on the upholstery to restore the fabric pile while getting rid of any topical soiling. If necessary, other belongings in your home may be packed up and brought to another location for proper cleaning and disinfecting.
We Also Address Moisture That May Be Embedded
We assess each water cleanup job case by case, where some call for a controlled demolition to eradicate embedded moisture. This might include the removal of baseboards and flooring to address moisture in the floor joists or subflooring. Should water have wicked up into your drywall, we perform flood cuts just above the water line to facilitate drying. Everything is then replaced and restore to pre-water loss condition.
Big or small, SERVPRO of South Bronx is here to help you with whatever water cleanup you require. To have a crew deployed to your location 24/7, you can reach us by calling (347) 590-9902.