Basement Flood Damage Cleanup in Locust Point
Let SERVPRO help with your Locust Point flood clean up.
While flood damage can be quite a problem in New York, residents can be shocked at the costs the come after flood-related disasters. Without adequate cleanup and mitigation, mold, structural damage, and foul odors can compromise the comfort and livability of structure.
If you have flood damage in your Locust Point home, the crew at SERVPRO is only a phone call away from providing their services to you. No matter the extent of damage or the time of day, you can get service that restores your home to a preloss condition. SERVPRO also offers general contracting services (License #2077660-DCA) as well as mold remediation (License #01295) to aid you in the restoration process as needed.
Tips for Filing Your Flood Claim
Whether you are a seasoned veteran of New York flooding or new to the area, here are some helpful tips for filing a flood claim for your residence:
- Know your evacuation plan. Keep track of local evacuation routes and have an emergency contact ready if you need to vacate your area. Make sure you can get to higher ground if transportation is compromised.
- Prep your home. Keep essential items on a second floor or other elevated areas to minimize risk, especially for basement items. Use sandbags to divert and dam water.
- Take inventory of losses. Keep track of damaged personal belongings with photos, detailed descriptions, serial numbers, and other identifying information. Keep receipts and other proofs of purchase. Specificity is critical for filing your claim.
- Shut off utilities. Turn of gas, water, and electricity to maximize your home's safety a flood. Know where you can shut off these systems in a pinch.
- File a claim ASAP. Call your insurer and file a claim as soon as possible. Most policies require reporting flood claims within a specific time frame after loss, so it is prudent to act fast.
How SERVPRO Can Help
SERVPRO offers cutting-edge, effective mitigation tools and techniques to combat flooding. Deodorizing equipment, for example, can eliminate odor-causing particles and clean the air in conjunction with EPA-registered disinfectants. Ultra-low volume (ULV) fogging is one method of deodorization that can utilize either water- or solvent-based deodorizers to remove foul odors from your home. This fog saturates surfaces vulnerable to odor in a similar manner to how moist air saturates surfaces.
SERVPRO of South Bronx is a team that is Faster to Any Size Disaster. Call (347) 590-9902 today for swift, reliable cleanup.
To find out more about Locust Point, click here.