Common Cause of Water Damage | SERVPRO of South Bronx
Plumbing issue from a leak or a broken pipe are the most common cause of water damage. In some areas flooding is always a concern. SERVPRO of South Bronx offers professional water mitigation services, which will reduce the harm caused by a water related incident in your home or business. SERVPRO of South Bronx can dry and restore your home or business to its previous condition.
As time goes on, damage from a flood gets worse. Your property can become permanently damaged if an emergency response is delayed past the first 48 hours after a water damage.
In the event of a flood, do the following:
First, Be Calm! Call SERVPRO of South Bronx at 347-590-9902.
- To stop further areas and items from water damage, make sure the water source is turned off.
- Be sure to turn off circuit breaker in the affected area before you unplug or remove any electrical devices located on the wet carpet.
- You should place aluminum foil under the legs of any furniture which is on the wet carpet if you can’t move it to a dry area.. This will help prevent furniture stains on your carpet. It will also keep the furniture from absorbing water which will prevent damage.
- Tie or lift drapes up away from any wet carpet.
- Remove all items that are in contact with the wet carpet, like books, shoes, paper goods, plants, and other items which could stain the wet carpet.
Do not attempt the following:
- Do not use your home vacuum, since you may get an electrical shock, and you may damage the equipment itself.
- Don’t place newspaper in traffic areas to walk on. Newspaper ink may stain the wet carpet.
- Don’t walk on carpet any more than you have to. This will keep the damage from spreading to dry areas.
Anything that is not dried properly and quickly can become a source for mold to grow, which could require professional mold removal.
Our Flood Damage Restoration Technicians are trained on all of the latest techniques, using state-of-the-art equipment and machinery. Moisture meters are used to locate moisture that may not be visible or may be hidden behind walls or cabinets, so that our Water Damage Restoration Service Technicians can be certain that everything is dry. Because we understand how important it is to react quickly in the unfortunate event of water, smoke or fire damage, you can rely on SERVPRO of South Bronx. We’re there when you need us!
For emergency service call us at 347-590-9902